"The Poor Man's Mocha Latte"
- 3/4 cup brewed coffee (make sure the derelict from the mail room didn't brew the last pot)
- 1/2 packet Swiss Miss Hot Cocoa
- 2-3 Tablespoon of Fat Free Cool Whip 1/4 cup Milk, Cream or Half and Half
- 1/4 Teaspoon cinnamon 1 Tablespoon Sugar
Mix coffee with Sugar, Cinnamon, Cream, and Hot Cocoa. Top off with the Fat-free Cool Whip and a dusting of cinnamon and sugar, and congratulate yourself - you just saved $5!
Then, check out these sites:
1. http://www.restaurant.com/ : This website is exclusively designed to bring local restaurant deals to you. You enter the site, type in your zip code, and it will display specials occurring in your area (example: Baci Restaurant, in the Washington D.C. area, will sell you a $25 gift card for the cost of $10 to use on dinner. Amazing!)2. http://www.theonion.com/ : Nothing solves the mid-day work blues like a little laughter. This faux news website, originally a faux news newspaper born out of Madison, WI, offer laugh out loud satire in the guise of news.
3. http://www.eopinions.com/ : We have all succumbed to the glossy ads and recommendations coming from our favorite magazines, or found ourselves entranced with a clever or enticing commercial on television. No more - we deserve better than to find ourselves as a passive media consumer/drone. This website features the unbiased opinions of the proletariat, the average Joe, and those who have not been featured on reality television.
4. http://www.worldsbestbars.com/ : This site is a must for world traveling Recesssionistas who are seeking the social scene in an unfamiliar area of the planet. Though the site is not updated as frequently as one might like (this Recessionista is living in the most efficient city on the planet, after all), the places and recommendations have not yet let me down when traveling abroad. If nothing else, it is a great incentive to track down that Russian pen pal you had in high school.
5. http://www.freerice.com/ : When did the English language become so pedestrian that we have to invent new words to keep it lively (not to mention acronyms!) Instead of embracing the vocabulary wardrobe of a Clueless extra, check out this site to refresh your vocabulary and bring a little dignity back to the language of Shakespeare. More good news: you will find many alternatives to the non-existent word "irregardless."
Recessionista Tip of the Day: For Recessionistas interested in yoga but short on cash, you can indulge in the ancient practice guilt free with a fresh daily routine available to you online at http://www.yogatoday.com/ . Bonus: No one has to see you fall out of Warrior 3 pose...again (and by "you", I mean me!)