Every week, I scavenge the Internet, US cities, nay, the world to bring you, my beloved, the best freebies and cheapies that life has to offer. (P.S. I promise to include at least one "date" offering for my penny-pinching friends who know that lack of income should never mean lack of love!)
1. Free Beach Read. For those of you heading ocean side this spring, nothing compliments the smell of suntan lotion and taste of that first pina colada like a good, old-fashioned chic lit novel. Get a free copy of the book (most recently turned film) Confessions of a Shopaholic for that perfect vacation trifecta.
2. Cheap Fashion. Maxstudio's Supersale, with many items 70-80% off, allows Recessionista's to indulge their inner Fashionista without the trip to Confession post purchase.
3. Free Comedy at Your Fingertips. For those of you who cut cable extras, like DVR, to save some dinero, you no longer have to miss out on the latest from those cuddly, crass characters of Southpark. Check out http://www.southparkstudios.com/ for the latest episode in its entirety (with no commercials!) Just don't overindulge in the cheesy poofs!
4. Reduced-Price Lingerie. This Recessionista simply can not "bare" to describe La Perla undergarments as "cheap!" NYC Recessionistas can indulge in this exquisite line's sample sale today with as much as 80% off. Tres Jolie!
5. Free Recession Lexicon. To be en vogue these days, you must stay on top of the vernacular of the moment. Thankfully, the ladies at Recessionwire are giving up-to-the-moment vocab lessons to keep you trendy and clever at cocktail hour. Learning terms like "Slay-offs" and "Funemployment," you will be the hit of the discounted happy hour you attend tonight!
9-1-1 "What's Your Emergency?"
1 week ago