Every week, I scavenge the Internet, US cities, nay, the world to bring you, my beloved, the best freebies and cheapies that life has to offer. (P.S. I promise to include at least one "date" offering for my penny-pinching friends who know that lack of income should never mean lack of love!)
1. Cheap Designer Shoes. In case you are a bibliophobe, rest assured that Amazon is not just for bookworms! Stop by here and cheap out 80% off luxury brand shoes from Givenchy and others.
2. Cheap NYC Theatre. What if I told you that for the price of $10 plus the role of a dice, you could see 30 plays? Not to worry, my ADD friends, these plays, an exercise in interactive chaos, are performed in 60 minutes, engaging the audience, who is welcome to BYOB to the show. Check out the Neo-Futurists play, "Too Much Light Makes the Baby Go Blind," every Friday and Saturday nights at 10:30 pm.
3. Free Street Fairs. For NYC dwellers or visitors for the holiday weekend, the Street Fair is a staple NYC summer affair, a carnivalesque arena of cheap trinkets, exotic wares, and a range of ethnic foods for your sampling pleasure. I crave the falafel in the off-season. Check out this site for the wheres and whens.
4. Free Perfume. Download this coupon and receive a free purse size bottle of Clinique Happy. Like we have said all along, in a recession, it is still free to get Happy! (Bad puns, unfortunately, are also free!)
5. Free Advice for the Pinked-slipped. Recessionwire has done a great job of consolidating and centralizing excellent articles on the how-to's of unemployment. Check out everything from severance advice to debt management.