Although I recoil from the notion of adding one to my email signature, inspirational quotes from the sages of the ages often provide me a boost of, well, inspiration. Here are my Top Ten Inspirational quotes to capstone July with a boost of wisdom...feel free to use them to impress your friends.
1. "Nothing is worth more than this day." - Goethe
2. "A smile is the beginning of peace." - Mother Theresa
3. "The most wasted of all days is the one without laughter." - e.e. cummings
4. "Keep your eyes on the stars and your feet on the ground." Theodore Roosevelt
5. "Live in each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each. " - Henry David Thoreau
6. "The way to gain a good reputation, is to endeavor to be what you desire to appear. " - Socrates
7. "A man is not finished when he's defeated; he's finished when he quits" - Richard Nixon
8. "All men have a sweetness in their life. That is what helps them go on. It is towards that they turn when they feel too worn out." - Albert Camus
9. "If we could see the miracle of a single flower clearly, our whole life would change." - Buddha
10. "Tell me not, in mournful numbers, Life is but an empty dream! For the soul is dead that slumbers, and things are not what they seem. Life is real! Life is earnest! And the grave is not its goal; Dust thou art; to dust returnest, Was not spoken of the soul." - H.D. Longfellow
9-1-1 "What's Your Emergency?"
1 week ago